Slider

Any Human to Another

*NOTE: Countee Cullen is one of my favorite writers; he also wrote a poem called Any Human to Another (click here to read). I didn't want to title my poem with the same title but I couldn't think of anything more fitting... Perhaps it'll come to me at a later date.

Sometimes I understand you,
But most days I don't--
We're from two different worlds,
Taking two different paths
And yet, I see you daily...
You and I are so different,
No likenesses, no common ground,
What you enjoy, I detest
And what brings me joy, you reject.
But for all your strangeness--
I see you there in the mirror,
Somehow still apart of me.



0

No comments

Post a Comment

About

both,psalms-to-god

DON'T MISS

Book Review,Food,Testimony
© 2022 all rights reserved
made with by templateszoo