Slider

Hypocrisy

You looked me in the eye,
And lamented me for straightening my hair;
You rattled off history lesson
     after history lesson
          after history lesson
On oppression and assimilation.
Then you died your hair blonde...

You looked me in the eye,
Complained of my attire--
You asserted that I have conformed
     into society's definition of beauty
          into society's standard of femininity
And I should rebel against sexism.
But your face is overdone in makeup...

You looked me in the eye,
Told me I was heathen,
Because I don't frequent a church
     because I ask "the wrong" questions
          because I said the preacher was wrong
And I actually know how history and the Bible relate.
Then you up in the club drunk and twerking...

I look you in the eye,
And say nothing,
Because I don't want to be hypocrite.

But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.Matthew 5:39 KJV
0

No comments

Post a Comment

About

both,psalms-to-god

DON'T MISS

Book Review,Food,Testimony
© 2022 all rights reserved
made with by templateszoo