Slider

Hidding in the Wheat Fields


There was a field of yellow stalks
     Wheat all around me--
Villages behind me and the sun before me
And I didn't understand
What I was doing there...
Bare feet and water in baskets
     Moving in the heat
But I couldn't slow down to watch,
I had to keep running--
They were coming for me,
I felt their shadow on my heels
     Dark--but not like my skin...
These strange people chasing me.
My feet took me
Somewhere in the wheat fields
Blurry visions of gold and brown
Twisting and turning beneath the stalks
Past turbaned heads and dark bodies
Faces, I wished I could stop to see
     And I knew they were my people,
          They knew me.
But I kept running,
     Running for my life.

0

No comments

Post a Comment

About

both,psalms-to-god

DON'T MISS

Book Review,Food,Testimony
© 2022 all rights reserved
made with by templateszoo