Slider

Forbidden Fruit

Sweet, ripened fruit hanging high in the tree
Blemish free and overflowing with juicy tenderness
Reminding me of the paradise we can never have...
The temptation to pluck, just once, something sweet,
Severe beauty from strong branches
And ingest delicate flavor for myself, there in that fruit.
But I dare not disturb such perfection
For this tree was not meant to be mine
Nor I to interrupt it's growing power.
There is no harm in me standing beneath it
Overwhelmed in admiration of its blossoms,
Sheltered--if only for a moment--by something sweet.
So, I gaze up at forbidden fruit so full of life
Entertain the immortality of their beautiful essence
And walk away from their eternal temptation.




0

No comments

Post a Comment

About

both,psalms-to-god

DON'T MISS

Book Review,Food,Testimony
© 2022 all rights reserved
made with by templateszoo